OK then, I guess I’ll take on Mad Bull’s meme since I have’t blogged in ages, and I really should.
A meme about 4 things…. how fortuitous. Four is my favourite number – it’s my birthdate. So this Meme about Four better bring some good vibes my way.
Four jobs you’ve had in your life:
1. Hotel/Front Desk
2. Hotel/Cost Control – after working shifts for about 4 years combined, you ain’t catching me back in a hotel.
3. Sales – Aww hell naw! I suck at sales. Only job I was fired from for being terrible.
4. Office Management – Well, there went 4 years of college. I now work in a field fairly unrelated to my degree (marketing).
Four movies you could watch over and over are:
1. Face/Off – Nic Cage and John Travolta. I don’t care how sucky it was. I love it.
2. Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. That shit is funnyyyyyyy.
3. The 5th Element – Bruce Willis. Yeah, I’m a Bruce Willis girl; I love this movie – campy and fun.
4. The Matrix Trilogy – Keanu “Sexy” Reeves. Mmmm. I can’t believe I’m such a Matrix freak since I generally don’t like Sci-fi. And yes, I even like the last one.
Four places you’ve lived:
1. Springs, St George’s, Grenada
2. Castries, St. Lucia
3. Miami Shores, Florida
4. Lucas Street, downtown St. George’s, Grenada
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Prison Break!!!!!!! I *heart* this show!
2. Law & Order (all of them)
3. In Living Colour
4. A Baby Story (yeah, Mr YY is always on about didn’t I have enough drama with my own labour and delivery, why I want to continously relive the event)
Four places you’ve been on vacation:
1. New York.
2. Clewiston. (hah! Look it up. It’s in the sticks in Central Florida)
3. Staffordshire. (Look that up too! In the sticks in North England)
4. Carriacou. Technically still Grenada but really different in feeling/personality.
Four of your favorite foods:
3. West Indian
Four places you’d rather be:
1. A deserted island off of Sicily. I have no idea why – I have always wanted to go to Sicily.
2. Shanghai. Keeping my ‘net sistren Tilary – a tall, black woman with red dreads – company in a place far from home.
3. India. Because I have always wanted to see where my great-grandparents came from.
4. Carriacou. Because Carriacou in small doses is great fun.
Four albums I like best
1. Confessions on A Dance Floor – Madonna. Yeah, as a kid of the 80’s, I have undying fondness for Madonna, even though she needs to pack it in already.
2. Jagged Little Pill – Alanis Morissette. *sigh* Days of angst, nights of singing with a hairbrush microphone.
3. The Joshua Tree – U2. Still one of the best rock albums ever.
4. Kanye West – mixture of the 2 albums. Kanye’s a bit of a jackass, and can’t rap worth shit, but I love a lot of his songs
….. and …. MUSIC THAT WILL BE ON MY PLAYLIST FOREVER:
Any 80’s compilation, Bob Marley, Jah Cure, Damian Marley, Sean Paul, and Destra.
Time to fire up iTunes. I feel a vibes coming on.